Surah Jinn (Arabic: “الجن”) is the 72nd chapter of the Quran and has 28 verses. To the untrained sight, the Devil Race does not exist since they are spiritual beings. According to the Quran, people are made of soil, but Jinns (Demons) are fashioned from smokeless fire. On the Day of Judgment, Jinn, like humans, will be held accountable for their actions, both in this life and the next.
When was the revelation of Surah Jinn?
The revelation of surah jinn has been interpreted in a wide variety of ways by numerous well-known Muslim scholars and researchers. The revelation of suraah Al-Jinn occurred on the Prophet Muhammad SAW, as related by Abdullah bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him). When He and His companions were at the fair of Ukaz. During a communal recitation of the Fajar prayer, he (PBUH) had a revelation of several verses from surah al-jinn.
Taif, a town less than a mile from Makkah, is a popular place for academics to speculate that Muhammad SAW visited. This surah was revealed when they spotted smoke coming from the area. It was disclosed more than three years before the Hijrah, hence it is considered to be a very early surah.
Advantages and the significance of reading Surah al-Jinn are as follows:
Many different hadiths are believed to have provided instruction from the Quran and prosperity. As a result, the worship of Allah ought to constitute our one and only priority, and we should not take part in any other activities. It is also made clear what role the Surah Jinn had in the development of Islamic history. The recitation of Suraah al-Jinn confers many advantages, including the following:
- It was referred to us by Imam Bakir (RA) that whoever recites the Suraah al-Jinn will be in the company of the Holy Prophet (saw) on the Day of Judgement. This was revealed to us by Allah’s messenger, the Holy Prophet (saw).
- Protecting yourself from the wrongdoings of others is one of the purposes of the verses in Suraah al-Jinn.
- If convicts continually recite the Surah Al-Jinn, they will be released from imprisonment far sooner than they would normally be.
- Do not let yourself hungry or suffer from poverty. If you have full confidence in the All-Mighty Allah and recite the surah al-jinn. This will ensure that you do not experience any of these disasters.
- If you have Surah Al-Jinn Taweez with you at all times, both your money and your safety will be protected.
- If you recite the Suraah al-Jinn on a consistent basis, Allah’s blessings will assist you in repaying your obligations.
Message from this Surah:
- When the Jinn heard the Qur’an, they were astonished as well, and they eventually converted to Islam.
- The Jinn would send a signal into heaven to overhear what the angels were saying to one another. Then, they’d share it with their fellow earthlings who’d been similarly blessed by Allah. Previous to the revelation of the Qur’an, the jinn’s practices were closely guarded, and anyone who sought to follow them faced severe repercussions.
- There must be a great deal of deference and prudence while discussing Allah.
- Allah promises worldly rewards to those who stay on the straight and narrow.
- A person who abandons the worship of Allah shall face harsh retribution from the Almighty.
- No other deity but Allah should be worshipped within the Masjid.
- Except for Allah’s Will, not even the Prophet (PBUH) could hurt or guide anybody.
- Anyone who rejects Allah and His Messenger will spend forever tormented in Hell.
- Allah, the All-Knowing, bestows His wisdom on no one except the messenger He chooses, and He carefully protects His revelation from being tampered with.
- Allah knows every detail, even down to the smallest integers.