The best way to ask Allah for guidance on good and evil is through Istikhara. Istikhara is Sanskrit for “to seek the best in your affairs.” It is a Sunnah prayer given to ask Allah Almighty for direction. Istikharaa prayer is a straightforward and effective approach to finding the proper direction if you are unsure about a choice in life, such as one involving your marriage, work, or business. You may seek counsel and become closer to Allah the Almighty with the aid of Istikhara.
What Istikhara Means?
The Istikhara prayer is a way for a man to make appeals to Allah, to put it simply. One should have faith in the outcome and accept what Allah has planned for him since Allah is aware of what is better and worse.
Jabir Bin Abdullah narrated:
“Rasulullah S.A.W. always teaches us Istikhara, and recommended us to do Istikhara whenever you get confused.”
Islamic law permits Istikhara to be performed anytime a problem arises. You may immediately seek Allah’s direction, for that matter, using the Istikharaa prayer to find a clear solution. Istikhara may be used for weddings and other complex situations. Additionally, one should accept Istikhara’s response or conclusion without question.
Always embrace the consequences that came through Istikhara, stated Imam Ibn Taimiyyah, and don’t look back. Sometimes we lack the patience to accept the outcome of an istikharaa because the outcome could not be what we had anticipated. But always maintain virtue. Believe in Allah because if anything is meant for you, it will be for the best. Everything has advantages and disadvantages, so just wait for you to arrive. Have faith in Allah’s judgment; He is omniscient and knows everything. A better approach to getting his blessings and direction is via Istikhara.
How should Salat e Istikhara be done?
One of the most priceless blessings from Allah is Salat-e-Istikhara. You should also free your thoughts and emotions before saying this prayer. Istikhara’s fundamental step is to organize your thoughts and seek only pure, helpful counsel. Additionally, one must maintain good hygiene. Istikharaa, you must pray with a sincere and pure heart. Because no act of worship in Islam is accepted without intention (niyyah), you must mentally and spiritually prepare yourself for prayer and its effects. One of the key manners in Istikhara is sincere remorse.
- Wudu is a sort of prayer.
- The Istikhara prayer’s purpose
- Two raka’ats of prayer must be offered. After Surah Fatiha, reciting Surah Al-Kafiroon in the first raka’at and Surah Al-Ikhlas in the second is beneficial.
- One must raise their hand and begin praying after a prayer.
- Salute the Prophet S.A.W. after remembering Allah. Tashahhud is also beneficial to recite.
- After that, begin and complete the Dua by reciting Due-e-Istikharaa with Al-hamadshareef.
- When you arrive, you should identify the issue for which you are looking for Istikhara.
- It would be more beneficial to address the issue twice, first when stating Khair in the dua and again while addressing the Shar.
- Send the Holy Prophet S.A.W. a salute after performing the Istikharaa. Leave the situation in Allah’s hands because if you maintain a solid conviction, everything will work out for the best.